Become a Hope Volunteer
Do you have a caring heart and time to share? Consider becoming a Hope Volunteer and help provide exceptional care and support for everyone in need.
Apply online – or call 239-444-4141 to have a Hope volunteer application mailed to your home.
“Volunteers are essential to our important work; they make a difference in the lives of thousands of individuals. We know that their service is as rewarding to them as it is to the community.”
~Samira K. Beckwith, Hope President and CEO
The Heart of Hope
For each hour Hope Volunteers give of their time, precious moments are celebrated by someone in our care – a moment of comfort, a moment of joy, or a moment of reflection. Our volunteers say they give Hope to others because it allows them to:
- Give back to their community
- Use their special talents
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people
- Feel needed
Ways to Volunteer
- Talk and socialize with individuals in Hope’s care, read news articles or play card games, or give a caregiver a much-needed break by visiting.
- Provide quiet companionship, comfort, and compassion simply by being present with someone living with serious illness.
- Offer transportation to doctor’s appointments, grocery stores, or other essential errands.
- Help in our office locations by filing paperwork, making phone calls, or greeting guests and visitors.
- Receive donations, stock the shelves, and organize merchandise at our Hope Chest resale stores.
Opportunities will vary; please ask us about additional options for volunteering at Hope!
Steps to Becoming a Volunteer
The first step is to complete your volunteer application – either online or by mail. When we receive your completed application, we’ll call to talk about your individual talents and interests.
Hope will process your background check and provide you with two TB tests, which are required before you may begin volunteering. These important steps help ensure the health and safety of the people in our care.
After all the required elements are complete, we’ll schedule your orientation class. Volunteer orientations are offered at different times and locations throughout the year. Upon completion, you’ll be assigned to a Volunteer Coordinator, who will help you begin volunteering at Hope!