Even if you don’t sew, will you help us by sharing this information with anyone you know who does sew?
We are asking volunteers to create homemade face masks. Hope has already distributed over 700 of these masks, and more are needed. Even if you don’t have elastic, you can still create a mask with fabric ties. Guidelines:
- Good coverage is important: masks should reach above the bridge of the nose and below the chin.
- Fit is important: masks should be snug.
- Many online tutorials and patterns exist, an example is available at
Place all completed fabric face masks in a sealed plastic bag, and label the bag with the following information:
- Your full name, mailing address, and phone number
- Number of face masks included in bag
- ATTN: Hope Volunteer Department
Masks can be dropped off to any Hope Care Center or the North Fort Myers Community Center:
- 27200 Imperial Parkway, Bonita Springs, FL 34135 (map)
- 9470 HealthPark Circle, Fort Myers, FL 33908 (map)
- 2430 Diplomat Pkwy. E, Cape Coral, FL 33909 (map)
- 1201 Wings Way, Lehigh Acres, FL 33936 (map)
- 13821 N Cleveland Avenue, N Fort Myers, FL 33903 (map)
All visitor/guest restrictions apply; see HopeHCS.org/covid19 for details on our entry policies. For questions, please contact Colette Johns at (239) 985-7728.
THANK YOU to everyone who has already donated to this special effort. We are incredibly grateful for your help!