Pictured from left: Rey Pezeshkan, PK Studios interior design; Lee County Commissioner Frank Mann; Samira K. Beckwith, President and CEO, Hope HealthCare Services; Joe Whalen, President and CEO, Lehigh Acres Chamber of Commerce; Tom Giles, Member, Hope Board of Directors
Hope HealthCare Services has succeeded in “bringing Hope close to home” for thousands of residents of eastern Lee, Glades and Hendry counties. Construction is now complete on the Hope HealthCare Services Center in Lehigh Acres, the only health care center of its kind in the state of Florida.
“The opening of the Center represents a major landmark for Hope in enhancing the care we offer to so many people in need,” according to Hope President and CEO Samira K. Beckwith. “This is a gift of time for everyone in the area – no more long hours driving to other hospice houses and care facilities for services or to visit loved ones.”
Set to open in mid-April, the Center will serve eastern Lee County, including Buckingham, Alva, Gateway, Lehigh Acres and Pelican Preserve, as well as Hendry and Glades counties.
The 45,000 square-foot Center includes:
- 24 individual care suites for hospice patients
- Respite areas for loved ones of the patients
- An Adult Day Health Center, offering Hope Select Care, a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), where approximately 50 frail and elderly clients will receive care and support each day
- A Community Education Center which will offer, among other programs, education for family caregivers
- Bereavement counseling offices
- Offices for home care teams and volunteers, who serve hundreds of people throughout the area
The Center will also serve as a hurricane shelter for hospice patients living at home who cannot be placed in public shelters. As an added benefit to the community, the Center will receive certification for meeting international standards of environmental quality and energy efficiency.
Designed to meet the ongoing needs of Florida’s growing and changing population, Beckwith described the Center as “the future of health care.”
“We are absolutely thrilled to be able to serve the community in this unique way,” Beckwith said. “We are deeply grateful to everyone who has supported us in this important project.”
The Hope HealthCare Services Center is located at 1201 Wings Way in Lehigh Acres, on five acres of land donated by the Community Health Association.