Hope Comfort Care: Palliative Care
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care focuses on the relief of pain or suffering. This specialty exists solely to provide comfort. Palliative care is at the heart of everything we do at Hope.
Our Palliative Care Services include:
- Evaluating pain and symptoms caused by serious illness
- Providing information on advance directives, regarding your choices for medical treatment in the future
- Spiritual and emotional support for the entire family
- A "check in" service to monitor your ongoing needs
- Help for caregivers, including support groups
- Connecting you with new services if your needs change
Who can benefit from palliative care?
Anyone with a serious illness can benefit from palliative care. Many people with conditions like cancer, heart disease, stroke and dementia will benefit from Hope Comfort Care's special services. You can begin to receive palliative care immediately after a diagnosis.
Palliative care can be provided in addition to curative care - that is, care intended to cure your illness. For example, someone undergoing chemotherapy for cancer could ask for palliative care to help with nausea and discomfort.
For a palliative care consultation, call us toll-free at 855-454-3104.